- 500 grams white asparagus (peeled and trimmed)
- 600 grams new potatoes (cut in half)
- 300 grams baby carrots (peeled)
- 1 bunch spring onions (trimmed, coarsely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 bunch parsley (finely chopped)
- 4 stems dill (finely chopped)
- 250 grams softened butter
- 2 shallots (peeled and finely diced)
- 8 peppercorns (crushed)
- 40 milliliters white wine vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 600 grams cod fillet (or firm white fish with skin on)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix herbs with 3 1/2 tbsp butter, and season. Place potatoes, asparagus, carrots, spring onion and garlic in a roasting pan. Dot with herb butter and add 4 tbsp water. Cover and roast for 30 mins.
- For the sauce, make the shallot reduction. Bring 1/2 cup water, vinegar, shallots and peppercorns to a boil in a small saucepan. Simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/3, strain and let cool slightly. Meanwhile, clarify the butter. Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over low heat and skim off foam. Carefully transfer only clear butter to a measuring cup. Place the cooled reduction over a double boiler, whisk in egg yolk until thickened then slowly stream in clarified butter until smooth and creamy. Add lemon juice and season. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- To finish, season fish and dredge in flour, tapping off excess. Heat oil in a pan and fry fish for 2-3 mins on each side. Remove vegetables from oven and arrange on plates with fish and sauce. Garnish with dill and lemon slices.
PER SERVING *
|Calories900Calories from Fat570|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat570|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.