Simple to make, impressive to guests. This dish is easy enough for a weekday meal and works well for weekend guests. Serve with a simple green salad and glazed carrots.
- 4 pork loin chops (1/4-inch-thick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (grated)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Place in shallow casserole. Combine remaining ingredients in small pan. Heat to a simmer; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Pour over pork chops. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chops from marinade, discarding marinade. Brown chops over medium-high heat in nonstick skillet for 2-3 minutes on each side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.