A little sweet and a little spicy, these irresistible paleo pork ribs are baked right in the oven.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 pounds baby back ribs
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250° F.
- Position roasting rack inside a large roasting pan. Pour the chicken broth into the pan. Set aside.
- Season the pork ribs liberally with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the honey into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 15-20 seconds until it is thinned, but not liquified or boiling.
- Add the spices and herbs to the honey and whisk to combine.
- Brush the spiced honey evenly onto both sides of the pork ribs.
- Place the pork ribs meat side up onto the roasting rack. Cover the pan entirely with a large sheet of aluminum foil. Crimp the foil tightly around the edges of the pan so that no steam can escape.
- Transfer the roasting pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Roast the pork ribs for 2.5-3 hours, until they are very tender.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven.
- Very carefully remove the foil from the pan. Brush the remaining honey evenly over the top of the pork ribs.
- Turn the oven to broil.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the top rack of the oven.
- Broil the pork ribs for 4-5 minutes, until the honey starts to caramelize. Keep a close eye on the ribs to ensure they do not burn.
- Carefully remove the roasting pan from the oven. Allow the ribs to cool for 3-4 minutes on the roasting rack.
- Transfer the pork ribs to a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut the ribs into desired portions, and serve immediately.