Paella is a traditional Spanish seafood dish that is served over rice. This recipe for Paella Style Spaghetti with Shrimp is hearty and a wonderful twist on a traditional favorite. It takes only 30 minutes to prepare and has a mere 130 calories per serving. This recipe combines succulent shrimp with rich and aromatic spices for a taste that is out of this world. It can be made for any day of the week.
- 350 grams shrimp (cocktail, uncooked)
- 1 package spaghetti (thick)
- 2 green bell peppers (cubed)
- 1 yellow onion (large, cubed)
- 1 tomato (cubed)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bouillon cube (shrimp-flavored)
- 1 teaspoon saffron (powder)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (minced)
- Place 3 cups of water into a pan with the bouillon cube to boil. When it reaches a boil, add the shrimp, pasta, and 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. After 30 seconds, add 1 bell pepper, onion, tomato, and garlic, cook for 3 or 4 minutes. Then, blend the cooked vegetables in the blender with the saffron to make a puree. Add some water from the pasta pot while blending if needed.
- When the pasta is al dente, the shrimp will have finished cooking. Drain the pasta and shrimp, return to the pan, and add the vegetable puree.
- In the skillet, saute the remaining bell pepper, in smaller cubes, on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add to the pasta with the cilantro.
PER SERVING *
|Calories130Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.