Combat the most recent summer heat wave with this fresh and delicious recipe for Paella Salad. This cold refreshing chicken, rice, and vegetable salad features saffron spiced arborio rice, diced chicken ham, fresh veggies, and pears in a creamy yogurt vinaigrette. Savoy cabbage, zucchini, and tomatoes make this a colorful and healthy dish. If vegetarian, simply omit the addition of meat. Serve by this Paella salad by itself or with soft corn or flour tortillas.
- 4 servings
- 250 milliliters paella rice (Orient)
- 1 teaspoon spices (paella)
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- spices (other, choice, to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1/4 savoy cabbage (chopped)
- 1/2 zucchini (unpeeled, chopped)
- 150 grams ham (chicken, cubed)
- 1 natural yogurt
- salt (as needed)
- 1/2 tomatoes (large, grated)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (green)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pears
- chives (as needed)
- Boil the rice in water with salt, paella spice, saffron, and other spices, to taste.
- When the rice is cooked, rinse with water to completely remove the gum, so is becomes very loose.
- After it cools down, add the precut cabbage, zucchini, and chicken.
- For the sauce, in a bowl, add the yogurt, a pinch of salt, and the grated tomato.
- To grate the tomato, use a manual cheese grater, and do not grate the peel.
- Add the vinegar, olive oil, and oregano.
- Finally, arrange the salad on a platter or board.
- Cut the pear into small slices, and place them on top of the salad, and add the sauce.
- Garnish with minced chives.
PER SERVING *
|Calories180Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.