Pad ThaiSobre Dulce y Salado
Inspired by the vibrant flavors of Thai Cuisine, this recipe for Pad Thai is perfect for those who love Thai food, but do not like too much spiciness. Made with tofu and shrimp, this pad thai features rice noodles and bean sprouts in a sweet and savory soy sauce. Chopped peanuts add a bit of crunch to each bite and fresh lime adds a burst of tang. To make this dish vegetarian, simply omit the shrimp and use vegetable broth instead of fish stock.
- 100 grams rice noodles
- 1 cup fish broth
- 100 grams tofu
- 12 shrimp (cooked and peeled)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1/2 onions (peeled)
- 100 grams beansprouts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanuts (chopped)
- 1 lime (cut in wedges)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Soak the rice noodles in the fish broth.
- 3Dice the tofu.
- 4Chop the garlic and onion into 2-centimeter pieces.
- 5Heat the oil in a wok. Add the onion and garlic. Once soft, add the shrimp and tofu, and cook until golden brown.
- 6Remove from the stove and place in an ovenproof saucepan. Place in the oven in the top rack to keep warm and crispy.
- 7Place the pasta and fish broth in the wok. Add the eggs, soy sauce, sugar, and bean sprouts while stirring. Continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- 8Remove from the stove and serve accompanied with the shrimp and tofu from the oven.
- 9Garnish with peanuts and lime wedges.
PER SERVING *
|Calories730Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.