- 2-2.5 cups cabbage finely chopped
- 1 large potato boiled, chopped
- 1 teaspoon organic canola oil or mustard or sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon or Piri Piri blend
- 2/3 teaspoon salt or to taste
- In a large pan, add oil and heat at medium.
- Add mustard seeds (or cumin seeds) when hot and mix for a few seconds.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the Cabbage, potatoes, turmeric, Piri Piri blend, salt and mix well.
- Cook covered for 12-15 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally, until Cabbage is cooked to your preference.
- For variations, add peas, chopped carrots, cooked chickpeas. Change up the spices, use cumin seeds or fennel seeds or a little garam masala. Serve hot topped with fresh cilantro or sesame seeds or coconut flakes, as a side with Lentil Daal and Roti or Naan or Rice.