Oyster Cucumber SorbetOn dine chez Nanou
Oysters are a rich and decadent treat from the sea. This recipe for Oyster Cucumber Sorbet is a refreshing and flavorful palate pleasing appetizer for any intimate family or friend dinner party. Each one of these delicious oysters are wrapped in an oyster shell on top of a bed of fresh spinach and served with some lemon sorbet and coarse black salt. The presentation of these tantalizing morsels enhances the enticing look of this appetizer.
- 250 grams water
- 30 grams sugar
- 50 grams glucose
- 150 grams lemon juice
- 120 grams olive oil
- 3 oysters
- 1 gram gelatin
- 2 3/5 grams agar (powder)
- 1 cucumber
- spinach leaves
- 1 kilogram coarse salt (for presentation)
- 1Sorbet Preparation:
- 2In a saucepan, heat the water, sugar, and glucose. Bring to a boil and add the lemon juice and olive oil, let cool.
- 3Blend with hand blender.
- 4Let it set in your ice cream maker, or you can pour the liquid into a plastic box, place in the freezer, and stir every 2 hours with a fork.
- 5Oyster Preparation:
- 6Open the oysters and collect the water in a bowl.
- 7Place the oysters on paper towels.
- 8Strain the liquid through a tea strainer, you need about 100 grams of liquid.
- 9Put gelatin in cold water.
- 10In a saucepan, heat recovered liquid on low, add the softened gelatin (squeezed to remove excess water) and agar-agar.
- 11Mix well and boil for 30 seconds.
- 12Pour it on a Flexipat - black silicone sheet for rolled cakes - and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 13Cut the oyster juice gelatin in 4 centimeters wide by 7 centimeters long strips.
- 14Cut strips of cucumber.
- 15Wrap oysters in a cucumber strip first, and then in a gelled water strip.
- 16Place 2 spinach leaves in each oyster shell.
- 17Placed each wrapped oyster in an oyster shell on top of the spinach.
- 18Add some lemon sorbet and a little coarse black salt on top of the wrapped oysters.
- 19To serve, put some coarse salt on the plate, and then gently place the oyster shell on top.