Oxtail StewRecetas del Señor Señor
Oxtail stew is a warming and hearty meal that is perfect to enjoy when the weather cools down. This version takes a little over an hour to come together and then another few hours to cook. While it cooks it will make you whole house smell amazing. Though it takes a little time to come together, once you dig into the tender meat in a sauce made of fragrant and vibrant vegetables you will be cozy, warm, and satisfied.
- 2 1/2 kilograms beef (tails, in pieces, 2.5 kg. approximately)
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 3 leeks
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 3 onions (peeled and diced)
- 2 tomatoes (ripe, diced)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 bottles red wine
- beef stock
- 1Sprinkle the oxtail pieces with flour and season with salt and pepper.
- 2In a large saucepan, add a generous quantity of olive oil. Cook the oxtails until seared on all side. Remove and set aside.
- 3In the same pan, add the carrot, leek, garlic, and onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, and a pinch of salt. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the wine and stir well. Bring to a simmer.
- 6Add the oxtails and pour in enough broth or water to cover the meat. Simmer for 3 to 4 hours. Stirring gently occasionally.
- 7The meat will be ready when it can be pulled apart from the bone without using a knife. Remove the meat and set aside.
- 8Use an immersion blender and puree until smooth. Strain the sauce if needed.
- 9Accompany with fries cooked in olive oil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1540Calories from Fat890|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat890|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.