This is the perfect dish to make for a brunch! You assemble the night before and bake in the morning.
- 1 whole wheat bread (‐pound loaf, rustic type loaf, not sandwich bread)
- 2 medium zucchini (7” x 2”)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 12 mild italian turkey sausage (‐ounces fresh)
- 1 cup sliced leek (quartered and thinly, light green and white parts only)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt (divided)
- 1 cup roasted red pepper (chopped, patted dry)
- 2 cups gruyere cheese (shredded, approx. ½ pound)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 11 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the bread into ¾” cubes. Spread them in a single layer on a large sheet pan. Bake for about 15 minute or until dry and toasted.
- Spray a 13” x 9” x 2” baking dish with non-‐stick cooking spray or grease with a little butter.
- Trim ends off zucchini and cut to fit spiralizer (if necessary). Use fine spiralizing blade to spiralize zucchini. You will need 4-‐cups of spiralized zucchini.