Quinoa is a terrific base for making whole-grain salads, instead of rice, bulgur, or other options. Plus it's packed with protein, making it a smart choice for vegetarians. Here it's enhanced with toasted almonds, fresh spinach leaves, crumbled chee…
e, and pomegranate seeds, which provide bursts of tart-sweet flavor and pops of vibrant color (use red quinoa for even more crimson hue). Olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and Dijon flavor the dressing.
- 1 pork shoulder (bone-in)
- 1 package fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 sausage (choriza)
- 1 lemon
- 1 wine
- 1 glass port
- 1 sprig coriander
- olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- The day before or at least two hours before cooking, marinate the pork shoulder in a baking dish with salt, paprika, lemon juice, minced garlic, coriander, port wine and olive oil. Make sure pork is rubbed and covered with the marinade.
- Cook pork in a preheated oven at 180-200ºC for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan and baste the meat with the drippings. Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.