Oven roasted Pork with chorizo and mushroomsAnanás e Hortelã
Quinoa is a terrific base for making whole-grain salads, instead of rice, bulgur, or other options. Plus it's packed with protein, making it a smart choice for vegetarians. Here it's enhanced with toasted almonds, fresh spinach leaves, crumbled cheese, and pomegranate seeds, which provide bursts of tart-sweet flavor and pops of vibrant color (use red quinoa for even more crimson hue). Olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and Dijon flavor the dressing.
- 1 pork shoulder (bone-in)
- 1 package fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 sausages (choriza)
- 1 lemon
- 1 wine
- 1 glass port
- 1 sprig coriander
- olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1The day before or at least two hours before cooking, marinate the pork shoulder in a baking dish with salt, paprika, lemon juice, minced garlic, coriander, port wine and olive oil. Make sure pork is rubbed and covered with the marinade.
- 2Cook pork in a preheated oven at 180-200ºC for 30 minutes.
- 3Remove the pan and baste the meat with the drippings. Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile rinse and dry the mushrooms and slice.
- 5Slice the chorizo.
- 6Remove the pork from the oven and arrange the mushroom and chorizo slices around the pork. Baste with the drippings and return to the oven until the mushrooms are cooked and the chorizo is golden brown.
- 7Serve with white rice and salad.