Oven-baked Fresh sausagesAnanás e Hortelã
A hollowed out loaf of bread makes a convenient and crowdpleasing serving vessel for a party. Here, rye bread (or your favorite variety, such as sourdough) is filled with shredded mozzarella cheese, chopped bacon, and crumbled sausage (the spicier, the better), minced garlic, and mayonnaise, and then covered with the bread pieces that were removed from inside the loaf. It's baked until all bubbly and golden brown and delicious. Serve with toasts alongside, for scooping out the filling.
- 15 sausages (fresh)
- 2 onions (medium-sized)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- olive oil
- sweet paprika
- 1/2 glass white wine
- 1Heat oven to 350-370°F.
- 2Place peeled and thinly sliced onions on a baking sheet.
- 3Spreading onion slices over the entire surface of the sheet.
- 4Sprinkle the peeled and chopped garlic over the onions.
- 5Break the bay leaves into pieces and sprinkle over the onions.
- 6Place the sausages on top, keeping space between each sausage.
- 7Season with a little salt and sweet paprika.
- 8Sprinkle with a little olive oil and half glass of white wine.
- 9Roast for about 30 minutes or until the sausages cooked through.
- 10Serve with rice and cabbages.