A hollowed out loaf of bread makes a convenient and crowdpleasing serving vessel for a party. Here, rye bread (or your favorite variety, such as sourdough) is filled with shredded mozzarella cheese, chopped bacon, and crumbled sausage (the spicier, the better), minced garlic, and mayonnaise, and then covered with the bread pieces that were removed from inside the loaf. It's baked until all bubbly and golden brown and delicious. Serve with toasts alongside, for scooping out the filling.
- 15 sausages (fresh)
- 2 onions (medium-sized)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- olive oil
- sweet paprika
- 1/2 glass white wine
- Heat oven to 350-370°F.
- Place peeled and thinly sliced onions on a baking sheet.
- Spreading onion slices over the entire surface of the sheet.
- Sprinkle the peeled and chopped garlic over the onions.
- Break the bay leaves into pieces and sprinkle over the onions.
- Place the sausages on top, keeping space between each sausage.
- Season with a little salt and sweet paprika.
- Sprinkle with a little olive oil and half glass of white wine.
- Roast for about 30 minutes or until the sausages cooked through.
- Serve with rice and cabbages.