- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (Substitutions available olive oil)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt (Lawry's®)
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (small, cut into 1-inch thick wedges, about 6 to 8 wedges per potato)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat oil on large shallow baking pan in oven until very hot, but not smoking, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in seasoned salt until combined. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat well.
- Remove baking pan from oven, being careful not to spill hot oil. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer, flat side down, on baking pan.
- Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and lightly browned, turning halfway through cooking. Sprinkle with additional seasoned salt, if desired.