- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line shallow roasting pans with heavy-duty foil.
- Stir liquid smoke into mustard, if desired. Combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and salt in small bowl. Brush meatier side of each slab of ribs with liquid smoke-mustard mixture or the mustard. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over mustard. Place ribs in foil-lined roasting pans. Roast for 2 1/2-3 1/4 hours or until fork tender. (If ribs are becoming dry, cover with foil the last 30-45 minutes of roasting.) Transfer ribs to serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.