Oven-Roasted Rack of Lamb with Harissa-Rhubarb ChutneyCAVAGRILL
It doesn’t matter if you pair this simple, spicy-sweet chutney with an oven-roasted rack of lamb or a pork shoulder or even a hearty cut of fish – just make it before rhubarb season is over. Tangy and sweet have never tasted so good together.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in heavy large Dutch oven. Bring to simmer over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add rhubarb, onion, and dried cherries; increase heat to medium-high and cook until rhubarb is tender and mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Sprinkle lamb with cumin and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, place chops in the skillet and sear until golden-brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chops from the skillet and place them on the rack of a broiling pan. Roast chops 10-12 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the chops without touching the bone registers 135 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare. Brush with chutney and cook another 2 minutes. Serve with remaining chutney.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories230Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.