No need to suffer the mess and time of making home fries on the stove top. A sheet pan and an oven is all you need for perfect, crispy breakfast potatoes.
- 2 1/2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- ketchup (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dice the potatoes into 1/2-3/4” pieces. Finely dice the red onion and bell peppers.
- Arrange the potatoes and vegetables onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle with the spices, salt, and black pepper, to taste. Stir with a rubber spatula to coat the potatoes evenly in oil.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Roast the potatoes for 25-30 minutes, stirring and flipping with a rubber spatula halfway through the cooking time, until the potatoes are tender, browned, and crispy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Serve the potatoes immediately, with ketchup, if desired.