Oven Fritatta with Zucchini FlowersAnanás e Hortelã
Frittatas are perfect for entertaining (though also simple enough for everyday meals), as they are equally good when served hot, warm, or at room temperature, and even cold the next day, in case there are any leftovers. This one is baked in the oven rather than being started on the stovetop, for greater ease. It's also filled with zucchini and zucchini blossoms, which are in abundant supply in late summer.
- 6 eggs (organic)
- 5 tablespoons milk
- salt (to taste)
- chopped fresh chives (to taste)
- 125 grams curds
- 1 medium zucchini
- 6 zucchini blossoms
- 3 mini zucchini (with flowers attached)
- olive oil (to taste and for greasing)
- 1Line a round baking pan with parchment paper (paper should cover bottom and sides of pan in order to remove fritatta after baking). Lightly grease paper with olive oil. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk and salt thoroughly. Add the chopped chives to taste and half the cheese cut into small pieces. Stir well.
- 3Cut the zucchini into slices and cut the slices into quarters. Add to egg mixture.
- 4Rinse the mini zucchini and flowers and pat dry. Remove stamens from flowers.
- 5Place the egg mixture in the pan, spread flowers and mini zucchini with flowers still attached in egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 6Bake 25-30 minutes until cooked through.