Oven-Baked Mackerel with Roasted PotatoesReceitas Da Felicidade!
Mackerel is a most flavorful fish that takes well to marinades such as the one used here, which includes a heady blend of spices (fennel seeds, mustard seeds, paprika, and ground coriander), herbs (bay leaves, parsley, thyme, and rosemary), and lemon juice and wine for the liquids. This is just due preparation for baking the fish atop a bed of par-boiled potatoes until tender. It's a great oven to table dish for family style serving.
- mustard seeds
- ground coriander
- bay leaves
- 1 lemon (large, juice and zest)
- white wine
- 1 onions (large, slices)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- fish bouillon
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- potatoes (as needed)
- olive oil
- 1Season the fish 2 hours before cooking with fennel, mustard seeds, ground bay leaves, paprika, parsley, thyme and rosemary.
- 2Drizzle with half the lemon juice, white wine, cover with onion slices and minced garlic, and season with a fish bouillon cut into small pieces. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 3Let marinate.
- 4Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 5Quarter the potatoes and boil in a saucepan with water for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from pan, drain well, and place in a baking dish.
- 7Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the lemon zest and remaining lemon juice.
- 8Place the fish on top of the potatoes, and bake for 45 minutes.