- 1/2 daikon
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons yuzu juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- zest (yuzu)
- Peel the daikon and carrot. Cut daikon and carrots into julienne strips. Place in a large bowl, add about a teaspoon of salt, massage gently and set aside.
- In a pan add the rice wine vinegar and sugar. Cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Then add the yuzu juice.
- Cut the yuzu zest into fine strips and add to yuzu and sweet rice wine vinegar.
- Squeeze the daikon and carrot of excess juice and add to the sweet rice wine vinegar sauce. Allow to marinate overnight.