Spaghetti carbonara is a simple dish but it takes a little attention to get right. For this version, you need just 5 ingredients and 35 minutes before you are digging into this creamy, salty dish. Adding eggs that have been mixed with cheese to hot pasta results in a creamy and delicate sauce. Smoked, crisp pancetta makes a delicious garnish that pairs perfectly with the pasta and sauce. A spinkle of black pepper completes the dish.
- 200 grams pancetta (smoked, sliced into strips)
- 2 eggs
- pecorino cheese (grated, may be substituted with any other cured sheep’s milk cheese)
- ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Separately, fry the pancetta.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the grated cheese.
- In the pot where the spaghetti has been cooked, mix the drained spaghetti, the pancetta and the eggs, but do not turn the stove on or the eggs will curdle.
- Plate and sprinkle pepper on top, to taste.