Transport yourself to Thailand with this recipe for Oriental Rice with Shrimp Kebabs. Marinated in a sweet marinade of lemon, garlic, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar, the shrimp are full of vibrant flavor. Grilled to perfection and drizzled with honey, these shrimp kebabs sit atop a bed of jasmine tea infused rice. Allow the shrimp to marinate for at least 30 minutes before grilling for maximum flavor release. Serve the kebabs over individually portioned bowls of the jasmine tea rice.
- 300 grams shrimp (black, frozen)
- 1/4 preserved lemon
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Modena Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons water
- 200 grams jasmine
- 1 tablespoon jasmine tea
- 800 milliliters water (salt, to taste)
- Start by thawing, and then peeling the shrimp.
- Place the lemon and garlic in a glass baking dish.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey and water.
- Mix in the raw shrimp, and marinate about 30 minutes.
- Boil the tea leaves in salted water, and use this water to cook the rice with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the shrimp of skewers.
- Place the kebabs on a very hot grill until the shrimp change to an orange color, and a few minutes before turning off the heat, drizzle with a bit more honey.
|Calories220Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.