- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast (cut into stir-fry strips)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ginger root (finely grated)
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup carrots (sliced)
- 3/4 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup green onions (sliced)
- cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Heat sesame oil in a medium skillet. Add pork and ginger; saute over medium heat 3-4 minutes. Drain pork and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a 4-quart Dutch oven; stir in granules. Add carrots; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, green onion and pork. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls. Top each serving with a sprig of cilantro, if desired.