Calling all Oreo cookie lovers: These chocolate cupcakes are topped with a cream cheese frosting that’s speckled with ground Oreo cookies and topped with a single mini Oreo cookie (look for the mint variety if you like). Piping makes fast work of frosting the cupcakes, but you could spread it with an offset spatula, too. The cupcakes can be kept at room temperature for two or three days before being decorated; after that, keep them in the refrigerator, in a covered container, for up to a day.
- 70 grams cocoa powder
- 100 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170 grams butter (soft)
- 220 grams caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 110 grams double cream
- 110 grams butter (soft)
- 240 grams philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 400 grams powdered sugar
- 8 OREO® Cookies (ground to a powder)
- 1 packet oreos (mini)
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter and sugar until the mixture whitens. Add the eggs one by one to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Stir in the bowl 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture, then 1 tablespoon of cream, and so on, alternating the two.
- Fill the cupcake liners (previously placed in cupcake pan) 3/4 full, and bake 15 to 18 minutes for small cupcakes, or 20 to 25 minutes for large cupcakes.
- Let cool.
- Whisk the butter with an electric mixture, then add the Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Gradually, add the powdered sugar, and then the Oreo cookie powder.
- Put the mixture in a pastry bag, and let cool for 30 to 40 minutes to make it easier to pipe on the cupcakes.
- Top off each cupcake with a mini Oreo.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1700Calories from Fat880|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat880|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.