You can follow this formula to make cookies and cream using your own favorite store-bought treats, in case Oreos don't match that description. Whichever variety you use, they are simply ground to a fine powder in the Thermomix before being combined with sugar, milk, and eggs (with cornstarch as a fail safe thickener). The cream needs to be chilled overnight before serving, preferably dolloped with whipped cream, so plan accordingly.
- 150 grams OREO® Cookies (or similar)
- 100 grams sugar
- 800 grams milk
- 5 eggs
- 30 grams corn starch
- In the Thermomix cup, grind the cookies for a few seconds on speed 9, until fine crumbs form.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and 700 grams of milk. Set for 10 minutes/212°F/speed 3.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in 100 grams of milk.
- When the time is up, add the cornstarch mixture to the cup and set to 3 minutes/212°F/speed 3.
- Pour into a serving dish and cool.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve very chilled with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.