Why spend an obscene amount of money on a store-bought, mass-produced cake, when you can take a few very basic, but very reliably delicious ingredients and create what just might be America's favorite treat? From its classic Oreo cookie middle to its velvety layer of chocolate cake, this sweet and simple dessert is sure to bake up a childhood nostalgia that everyone can appreciate. Cocoa powder, butter, and sugar mingle together to produce a soft and delicious cake that layers itself atop and below the Oreos, creating a sweet cookie sandwich (_). Perfect for birthday parties, this cake doesn't take much longer than half an hour to prepare, and the kids will love helping you put it together!
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 grams sugar
- 80 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 OREO® Cookies (or as many as needed)
- 200 grams semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 120 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (powdered)
- 120 grams wheat flour (sifted)
- whipped cream (for icing)
- Whisk the eggs with the yolks and sugar, forming a velvety cream.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder carefully.
- Spread the dough evenly on the bottom of a rectangular pan with a spatula.
- Add a layer of Oreo cookies, completely covering the white dough layer. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath.
- Add the butter and sugar, and remove from heat.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- When the chocolate mixture is warm/cold, add the egg yolks, stirring well so they don't cook.
- Slowly, add the cocoa powder and the flour. Then, lightly mix in the whisked egg whites.
- Pour this mixture over the Oreo cookie layer, and even out.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Ice the cake with whipped cream and crumbled Oreo cookies.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1190Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.