Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Oreo Brownies is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness of the Oreo cookies and the creaminess of the dark chocolate filled brownies, it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 165 grams salted butter
- 165 grams brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 16 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter the brownie pan.
- Melt the butter in a double boiler. Once melted, add the finely chopped chocolate, stir until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until they triple in volume.
- Add half the brown sugar, and mix.
- Add the remaining brown sugar and whip for a few minutes. The mixture should be smooth and you should no longer feel the sugar crystals in the batter.
- Rapidly stir the chocolate and butter mixture into the sugar mixture.
- Add the flour down the edge of the bowl (to avoid producing bubbles), mix.
- Break one third of the Oreo cookies into pieces, add to batter and stir gently with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered brownie pan.
- Scatter the remaining Oreo pieces on top, press some of them into the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely. Cut in squares.