Orangecello - Orange Infused VodkaOn dine chez Nanou
Hold Summer in your cup with this adult-styled orange juice. 5 fresh ingredients, 5 slow days and you’re left with a cool, syrupy, refreshing beverage. Spend extra time in the grocery store looking for a vanilla bean, caster sugar, and 6 perfect oranges; using fresh elements will guarantee maximum sweetness and flavor absorbance of the vodka. Best served in a chilled highball glass with a few ice cubes, topped with a thin slice of orange and a few mint leaves.
- 500 milliliters vodka
- 250 grams caster sugar (extra fine sugar)
- 6 orange (organic)
- 1 vanilla pods
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1Wash and dry the oranges.
- 2Rinse a salad bowl with boiling water.
- 3Grate the zest and put it the rinsed salad bowl with the vodka.
- 4Let stand in a cool place for 5 days, stir once daily.
- 5In a saucepan make a sweet-scented syrup by boiling 280 ml of water and 250 grams of sugar with the vanilla pod and the cinnamon stick.
- 6Allow the syrup to cool down completely.
- 7Filter the liquid in the orange/vodka mix through 2 layers of cheese cloth.
- 8Add the sweet-scented syrup, blend.
- 9Savor with sweet bread.