These meringues will have you craving for more! With a mixture of sweet orange, nutty hazelnut and pistachio, your tongue will feel like dancing! One batch makes enough to serve a small army, so they are great for large gatherings and won’t take all afternoon to make.
- 300 grams granulated sugar
- 150 grams egg whites (about 5 whites)
- 1/2 orange
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 20 grams pistachios (powder)
- 1 tablespoon ground hazelnuts
- orange (Liquid, coloring)
- liquid (pink coloring)
- chocolate (Finely grated)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the granulated sugar on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake it for 5 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 100 C.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites at low speed. When they start to form bubbles, increase the speed until the whites form peaks.
- Gradually add the hot sugar, a tablespoon at a time.
- When you have added the whole sugar, continue to whisk rapidly for 5-7 minutes. (You shouldn't feel grains of sugar in the texture of the egg whites).
- Separate the egg whites in three bowls.
- For each fragrance, incorporate the flavors in the egg whites: zest of 1/2 orange in the first bowl, rose water and pistachio powder in the second bowl, and ground hazelnuts in the third bowl.
- Take 3 disposable pastry bags.
- Turn over the first bag on your hand, and put a little bit of liquid orange dye on a brush. On the inside of the bag, pull 4 strokes of dye color. Turn the pastry bag and fill it with the orange flavored whites. Cut the bag 2.5 to 3 centimeter from the tip, and pipe out the meringues on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper (the first meringues will not be very colourful).
- Repeat with the second pastry bag, the liquid pink coloring, and the rose/pistachio meringue. As for the hazelnut meringues, simply pipe them out on the baking sheet and sprinkle them with finely grated chocolate before baking.
- Feel free to use the raw whites to stick the parchment paper to the corners of the oven plate as they will act as glue. Bake for 1 hour.
- Meringues will keep in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
PER SERVING *
|Calories25Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.