- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion (small, cut into large chunks)
- 1/4 cup hellmann's or best foods real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring frequently, 6 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same skillet and cook red pepper and onion, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, orange juice and brown sugar, stirring until sauce is smooth. Return chicken to skillet and toss to coat. Season, if desired, with soy souce and garnish with chopped parsley and chopped peanuts. Serve with hot cooked rice.
|Calories370Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sara W. 22 Dec 2015
It's pretty good, but I've had better. I didn't have any onions on hand though. Maybe that would have made a good difference. The orange juice was fresh, hand squeezed. I also added a little garlic and onion powder to the sauce. If you a like very light and fresh tasting dish you will probably like it. The addition of a little soy in the sauce would make a more flavorful dish, which the recipe indicates can be added. I didn't have soy sauce and specifically looked for a recipe that didn't include soy sauce. I may try this again with the addition of onion and soy sauce.