A wonderful light coffee cake, perfect for brunch, this orange and vanilla coffee cake combines the light citrus flavor of fresh orange juice with the warm flavors of vanilla and coconut. Made with greek yogurt instead of butter, this coffee cake has a lovely light texture.
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams white sugar
- 1 orange (large)
- 60 milliliters olive oil
- 1 container greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons grated coconut
- 1 vanilla bean (or two teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 260 grams flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a round cake pan with butter and sprinkle it with flour. Set it aside.
- Beat the eggs and stir in the sugar, mixing them well.
- When the mix turns into a whitish cream, add the orange zest and juice, olive oil, yogurt, and grated coconut. Beat again until it turns into a cream.
- Open the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the contents with a knife.
- Add the brown sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix until everything is blended, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour the dough into the cake pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick, then remove the cake once it is finished and remove it from the cake pan.
- When it is cold, dust the cake with powdered sugar (optional), and serve with fresh orange juice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories690Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.