A curry dinner is a great opportunity to experiment with spices, savory, sweet, spicy, you must try them all! This curry recipe features fresh ginger, orange peel, and cashews in a creamy garam masala curry sauce. All of the ingredients are slowly simmered together on a low heat for 30 minutes so that the flavors can combine and permeate every inch of this aromatic dish. Serve with basmati rice and naan.
- 1/2 onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and diced)
- 1 centimeter fresh ginger (peeled and diced)
- olive oil (or ghee)
- 1 kilogram chicken breasts (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- sea salt
- 1 orange
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 100 grams cashews (unsalted)
- cilantro (or parsley for garnish)
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to a food processor or mortar and pestle and process until a paste forms.
- In a cast iron skillet heat up a drizzle of olive oil or ghee and brown the chicken in batches. Remove from the oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil until the bottom of the pan is covered and add the vegetable paste you formerly made. Fry it for 2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and stir a few minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the chicken back in, stir everything together, and salt to taste.
- Cover with water and the orange peel and let simmer on low heat 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the orange peel, lower the heat, and stir in the cream.
- Garnish with cashews and cilantro or parsley. Serve with basmati rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories720Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.