Bundt cakes are instantly special, thanks to their distinctive shape, yet no more difficult to make than cakes that are baked in a basic round or square pan. In fact, the same batter can go into either one. This recipe involves one of the most classic of batters, with cardamom lending subtle spice and orange zest and juice bright citrusy flavor. Beaten egg whites are what gives the cake its loft.
- 75 grams butter
- 250 grams sugar (yellow)
- 1 Orange (juice and zest)
- 190 grams wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 8 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the butter with the sugar very well.
- Add the orange zest and juice, stir to combine.
- Add the flour with the baking powder and the cardamom. Mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and mix into the batter without beating.
- Pour batter into a greased bundt cake pan, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until done (toothpick test).