Orange and Almond CakeMarmita
Oranges and almonds have an affinity for each other, and are often paired in baked goods such as this everyday cake, which features the zest and juice of the orange and ground almonds. Poppy seeds, another traditional partner to citrus, lends the cake a delightful crunch. This is the kind of cake you can keep on your counter and enjoy whenever the mood strikes for somehing that's not too sweet.
- 125 grams softened butter
- 125 grams white sugar
- 4 extra large eggs
- 180 grams almonds
- 30 grams poppy seeds
- 1 orange (large, juice and zest)
- 125 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Beat the butter and sugar in an electric mixer until creamy.
- 3Add the eggs, one a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Add the almonds, poppy seeds, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- 5Sift the flour and baking powder together, then add to the batter.
- 6Grease and flour a cake pan.
- 7Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake for 40 minutes.