A variation of the ever-popular shortbread cookie – with a strong vanilla flavor and just a hint of orange! Make them any time of the year to the delight of your family. Give them at gifts during the holidays to make an impression that won’t soon be forgotten. Those who receive these cookies will appreciate your efforts for a long time. They take a bit more work than your standard cookie recipe, but chances are this will become your favorite recipe.
- 230 grams flour
- 140 grams softened butter
- 1 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolks (20 grams)
- 90 grams powdered sugar (confectioners)
- 40 almonds (gramsground)
- 4 pinches fine salt
- orange (Zest of an)
- 1/2 vanilla beans
- With an electric mixer at low speed, beat the butter until very soft, add confectioners sugar and keep mixing until creamy.
- Add the orange zest and ground almonds.
- Stir the egg, egg yolk, the scraped vanilla seeds and finish by quickly adding almost all the flour mixed with salt in 2 or 3 turns.
- Finish kneading the dough on a lightly floured work surface, crushing with the palm of hand.
- Form a ball, wrap it in a plastic and let it rest for 2 or 3 hours in the fridge, ideally overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and leave it at room temperature 15 minutes before working it.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough with rolling pin and cut witha cookie cutter.
- Glaze cookies, if you like with one egg yolk mixed with some milk.
- Bake 6-7 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories680Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.