These tasty squares get their bright flavor from finely grated orange zest and freshly squeezed orange juice that's folded into the batter as well as the orange juice that's in the simply syrup that's poured over the cake after baking. They are exceptionally tender thanks to the yogurt and oil, which should be thoroughly incorporated for best results. Serve the squares whenever you need a burst of sunshine on a cold winter's day.
- 750 grams sugar
- 2 orange (zest and juice)
- 4 eggs
- 1 yogurt
- 125 milliliters oil
- 250 grams yogurt
- 750 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 orange (juice)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Grease a pan with butter, line with parchment paper and grease again.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, add the sugar and orange zest and mix with your fingertips so the sugar absorbs the orange flavor.
- Add the eggs and beat with an electric mixer until doubled in volume for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the oil, yogurt, and juice and stir well.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in the tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- For the syrup, mix the juice with sugar.
- Remove the cake from the oven, prick with a fork, and pour the syrup on top.
- Wait for it to cool, cut into squares, and unmold.