Orange Shoulder Pork RoastPork
- 4 pounds pork blade roast
- 2 orange
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 3 tablespoons corn oil (OR olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt (see note below*)
- 3 chipotles in adobo
- adobo seasoning (with bitter orange,, optional)
- 1Remove peel from oranges with sharp vegetable peeler or zester and finely chop. Juice oranges. In blender container or small food processor combine orange peel, orange juice, garlic, oil, salt and chipotle chiles. Blend until smooth. Reserve half of marinade.
- 2Pierce pork deeply all over using a long-tined fork. Sprinkle all over with adobo seasoning, if desired. Place in a large plastic bag with a zipper closure or shallow bowl. Pour marinade over meat. Zip bag closed or cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours or overnight.
- 3Place meat on rack in roasting pan (discard marinade). Pour 1 cup water into bottom of pan. Roast pork at 325 degrees F 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 150 degrees F in center. Check the roast halfway through cooking time, adding more water to pan if necessary. Loosely tent top of roast with foil if it becomes too brown. Let stand, tented with foil, until temperature reaches 160 degrees F, about 10 minutes before slicing. Heat reserved marinade in small skillet 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Drizzle marinade over sliced meat and serve.
- 46 to 8 servings.
- 5*Note: If you are not using the adobo seasoning with bitter orange, increase salt to 1-1/2 teaspoons.