Orange Pomegranate Rosemary Pork Roast makes a fabulously delicious and easy dinner for a holiday - or any day - to share with family and friends.
- 2 pounds New York (top loin) pork roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cups orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons dijon (style mustard)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the roast in a shallow, foil lined roasting pan. Rub the roast generously with oil and minced garlic. Sprinkle all over with salt, pepper and rosemary. Roast the pork for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine pomegranate juice, wine, orange marmalade, and bring to boil, stirring frequently, until it becomes syrupy. Remove from heat, whisk in mustard, and pour mixture over roast. Cook for approximately another 25 to 30 minutes until the internal temperature on a thermometer reaches an internal temperature between 145 degrees F. and 160 degrees F. Remove from oven, and let rest for 10 minutes.