Moist, tangy, and perfectly sweet this orange pastry roll is a star citrus dessert. Made with fresh oranges, this citrus cake roll is made without wheat flour, using cornstarch instead for a gluten free friendly dessert.
- 2 oranges (juiced and peeled)
- 400 grams sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 40 grams cornstarch
- 60 grams butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a square cake pan with margarine, line it with baking paper, and then grease the baking paper.
- In a food processor, combine the oranges and half of the sugar and blend on high for approximately 10 seconds.
- Place the remaining sugar in a bowl and mix in a touch of orange zest, stirring well.
- Add the eggs, cornstarch, butter, and blended orange and sugar mix and blend for approximately 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Place the mix in the cake pan and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Remember that this should be a moist pastry dough, so it will not look very finished when it is done.
- Once cooked, place a damp cloth on a tray and remove the dough from the pan as if it were a cake.
- Sprinkle the dough with sugar and carefully but firmly roll it up, wrapping it in the cloth.
- Leave the roll wrapped in the cloth until it is only slightly warm.
- Carefully remove the cloth and transfer the roll to a serving platter.
- Decorate it to taste.
|Calories730Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.