Tomato mozzarella salad is one of the best things about summer. If you are craving that freshness in the middle of the winter, try this Orange Mozzarella Sweet Winter Version of the Famous Tomato Mozzarella Salad recipe. It is a close second to the original. It takes 25 minutes to prepare this sweet and fresh salad. This sweet and savory recipe combines aromatic herbs with bold buffalo mozzarella and salty olives for a flavor explosion.
- 300 grams pearl barley (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 buffalo mozzarella (balls, sliced)
- 2 orange (peeled and sliced arugula)
- fresh mint
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Warm the pearled barley in the microwave.
- When it's hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Divide between the 2 plates.
- Place orange slices and mozzarella in the middle layering one slice of each.
- Wash a handful of arugula.
- Arrange arugula and olives around the barley.
- Chop the mint, sprinkle on top of mozzarella and oranges.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil, on the oranges and cheese on each plate.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.