Orange Mousse with Green CardamomReceitas Da Felicidade!
Using hollowed out orange peels as the serving vessels makes a pretty and practical presentation, but you can use regular bowls or other dishes instead, if preferred. They will all be equally adept at holding an orange mousse that's thickened wtih gelatin sheets and flavored with orange juice that's been infused with cardamom and reduced to a thick syrup. Chill overnight before serving for the maximum flavor and spoonable texture.
- 6 orange (large)
- 200 grams sugar
- 8 cardamom seeds (green)
- 4 gelatin sheet
- 2 packages cream
- 1Cut 4 of the 6 oranges in half and use a spoon to remove the pulp. Keep the peel to use as serving bowls for the mousse. Sqeeze the pulp from the oranges into a pot. Zest the skin of the remaining 2 oranges and set aside. Squeeze the juice from the remaining 2 oranges into the pot.
- 2Boil the orange juice with cardamom seeds and sugar for about 10 minutes until reduced to a thick syrup.
- 3Remove from heat. Remove the cardamom seeds and add the orange zest as well as the gelatin leaves (previously hydrated in cold water).
- 4Set aside.
- 5Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into orange mixture.
- 6Pour the mousse into the orange peels or small bowls and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 7Decorate to taste and serve very cold.