Sometimes when you are scouring through recipes to find the perfect one that will satisfy your sweet tooth and put smiles on your loved ones faces. This recipe for Orange Mousse combines three perfectly paired ingredients with a decadent and hearty taste that will leave your guests satisfied. The Orange Mousse recipe is a smooth and rich treat. If you want to experience pure palate pleasure, then try these sweet treats.
- 1 orange
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 300 grams sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 500 milliliters milk
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon orange paste
- orange liqueur (optional)
- orange jam (optional)
- 1In a saucepan, heat milk, orange peels and cinnamon stick and bring almost to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat just as mixture begins to boil.
- 3Continue cooking for 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4In another bowl, beat egg yolks with half the sugar.
- 5When eggs start to thicken, add cornstarch.
- 6Remove orange peels from the milk and whisk in remaining sugar and egg yolk mixture.
- 7Stirring constantly, cook over low heat until mixture thickens, but do not allow to boil.
- 8Stir in orange paste and mix well.
- 9Let cool slightly.
- 10Beat egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the cream with circular movements.
- 11To serve, place pieces of sweet bread in the bottom of the glass dessert cups and sprinkle with a little orange liqueur (optional).
- 12Top with mousse and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. To serve, top with a dollop of orange jam.