- 2 cups Santa Cruz Organic Orange Mango Flavored Juice Blend (OR 2 cups Santa Cruz Organic® Apricot Nectar Flavored Juice Blend)
- 1 cup truRoots Organic Quinoa
- 1/3 cup dried apricots (chopped)
- 1/3 cup dried mango (chopped)
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lime Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted*)
- BRING juice to boil in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in quinoa. Return to boil; cover. Simmer 16 to 18 minutes or until soft and translucent. Stir in apricots, mango and currants. Cool to room temperature.
- WHISK olive oil, lime juice, salt, cumin and cinnamon in small bowl. Pour over quinoa. Add 1 tablespoon chives and pine nuts. Stir until evenly moistened. Garnish with additional chives, as desired.
- *To toast pine nuts: Place in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from pan immediately to avoid over-browning.