Orange Jelly Pie in a Chocolate CrustL'Antro dell'Alchimista
A crisp-chewy, rich chocolate crust made with cocoa is filled with Vin Santo-inflected orange jelly in this sweet-meets-tart dessert that's as pleasing to the palette as the eye. Have a slice, topped with powdered sugar, along with hot chocolate or a cup of bergamot-scented Earl Grey tea. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. Bring the pie to room temperature before serving it.
- 250 grams flour
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 200 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chocolate (powdered)
- baking powder
- 1 jar jelly (orange)
- 60 grams dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- vin santo (may substitute with a sweet dessert wine)
- 1Beat the butter with the sugar.
- 2Beat the egg yolks with a tablespoon of water.
- 3Combine the flour with the cocoa and a pinch of baking powder.
- 4Quickly knead the ingredients together and let the dough rest for a few hours.
- 5Preheat the oven to 170C.
- 6Melt the chocolate with the butter, add a few drops of Vin Santo, and combine with the orange jelly.
- 7Place the filling in the pie crust.
- 8Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- 9Cool the pie completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.