An easy pastry dough made with all-purpose flour, butter, confectioner's sugar and egg yolks comes together by hand. After some time spent chilling in the refrigerator, it's rolled out, placed in a pie plate and filled with sweet, Vin Santo-spiked orange jam. Of course, you can use whatever fruity jam that suits you. Topped with strips of dough to form a lattice top, it bakes for just 25 minutes before it's sprinkled with powdered sugar and ready to enjoy.
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 100 grams butter
- 80 grams powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 jar jam (orange)
- 3 drops vin santo (may substitute with a sweet dessert wine)
- Place the sifted flour on a work surface.
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator, cut it into small pieces and begin to work it with the flour by using the tips of your fingers and rubbing together until the mixture resembles oatmeal.
- Make a well in the center of this flour and butter mixture and add the sugar, egg yolks, a pinch of salt, and an extract of your choice, if you like.
- Beat these ingredients in the well (not the flour) together with a fork until combined, then cover with the flour all around.
- Using a spatula, bring the ingredients together to be well combined, do not overwork the dough, just roll it around briefly on the work surface.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator. If the dough is too dry and not easy to keep together, break up the dough, add a few drops of water on it and knead it together again. In this case refrigerate the dough again to chill well before using it.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Butter and flour a pie plate.
- Roll out the pie crust to a thickness of 1 centimeter and set a piece of dough aside for the stripes to garnish the pie.
- Place the dough in the pie plate and cut off the excess.
- Place the jam in a bowl and add a few drops of Vin Santo or other sweet dessert wine.
- Place the jam in the pie crust.
- Garnish with strips of pie crust.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Let the pie cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.