- 1 pound pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 6 tablespoons Madeira
- 2 teaspoons dijon (style mustard)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- 4 slices french bread (OR Italian bread, 1-inch thick, toasted)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- In small bowl, stir together preserves, 2 tablespoons Madeira, mustard, garlic and pepper; cover and refrigerate until needed. Place pork in self-sealing bag; add orange juice, remaining 1/4 cup Madeira, orange zest and ginger; seal bag and toss to coat pork. Refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- Prepare banked medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill pork over indirect heat for 20-30 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from heat; let rest about 10 minutes. Thinly slice pork and place on toasted bread; top with apricot sauce; sprinkle with onion and cilantro.