Leftover ham? Lucky you. Try this innovative dish using ham. Serve with couscous and sugar snap peas.
- 1 1/2 pounds fully-cooked boneless ham (cut into 1-inch cubes, at least 24)
- 2 orange (medium, peeled and cut into eights)
- 1 red bell pepper (large, cut into 16 piece)
- 1 green bell pepper (large, cut into 16 pieces)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Alternately thread three ham cubes, two orange pieces, 2 green pepper pieces and 2 red pepper pieces on each of eight skewers. Spray vegetable oil over cooking grates on grill to coat. Prepare grill for medium-low heat. Combine orange juice, tomato paste and ginger; mix well.
- Place kabobs on grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Baste with sauce. Turn kabobs and continue to grill for about 5 minutes more, basting with remaining sauce until ham is heated through.