Orange Gelatin Ice CreamO Meu Tempero
Don't be surprised by the recipe instructions: There's method to the apparent madness. Yes, you do indeed beat the creamy gelatin mixture for a full ten minutes after it's been placed in the freezer until set. And yes, you do indeed put it back into the freezer for another four hours (or longer) until it's again set. Just give it a go and see for yourself how easy it is to make "ice cream" without the constant churning.
- 1 package orange flavored gelatin
- 250 milliliters boiling water
- 200 milliliters ice water
- 1 can condensed milk
- 200 milliliters cream
- 1In a bowl, mix the the gelatin powder with the boiling water.
- 2After it's well dissolved, add the ice water and mix again.
- 3In the blender, add the gelatin, condensed milk, and cream. Blend well.
- 4Pour the mixture into a plastic container and freeze for 3 to 4 hours or until solid.
- 5Remove from freezer and beat with an electric mixer for 10 minutes.
- 6Put back in the freezer for another 4 hours.
- 7Before serving, remove from the freezer, and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- 8Garnish to taste.