Orange DuckRecetas del Señor Señor
If you like orange chicken, you're going to love this fabulous dish. It makes a perfect holiday meal any time of the year. With two types of meet, and a lot of savory seasonings, your family will be talking about this one for a long time.
- 1 duck (cut into sections)
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pork lard (you can substitute vegetable shortening, melted)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 orange (freshly squeezed)
- 3 bay leaves (fresh or dry)
- 1 onions (large, finely diced)
- country ham (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon thyme (fresh or dry)
- 250 grams chicken stock
- orange peel
- orange (slices)
- 1Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- 2Salt and pepper the duck pieces, baste them with lard, and dust all sections with nutmeg.
- 3Grease a baking dish and pour the fresh orange juice and bay leaves into the bottom. Place the duck on top and bake 1 1/2 hours, turning every 15 minutes.
- 4While the duck is baking, saute the onions.
- 5Once the onions are softened, add the ham, tomato sauce, and thyme.
- 6Once cooked, add the chicken stock and orange peel. Simmer 15 minutes on low heat.
- 7You will know the duck is done when it is golden and you can pierce it and no red (bloody) juice comes out. Remove the duck from the oven and pour the juices at the bottom of the pan into the sauce. Set the duck aside and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes until it has reduced.
- 8Slice the duck breasts, plate, and pour the sauce on top. Garnish with the orange slices.
PER SERVING *
|Calories960Calories from Fat740|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat740|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.