Orange Custard Mini CakesAs receitas lá de casa
These cupcakes are as fragrant as they are flavorful, thanks to the step of infusing the milk with a cinnamon stick and the grated zest of two oranges (that's a lot of zest!). The milk (and orange zest) is then mixed with the remaining ingredients, including six egg yoks and melted butter, which means these cupcakes have an ultra moist texture and extra rich taste. Baking in a hot water bath ensures they also have a silky smooth consistency.
- butter (for greasing pans)
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 2 orange (zest)
- 500 grams sugar
- 180 grams flour
- 6 large eggs
- 8 grams milk
- 80 grams butter (melted)
- 1Grease muffin tins or individual cupcake pans with butter.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 3In a saucepan, heat milk, cinnamon stick and orange zest.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat. In a bowl, mix sugar and flour.
- 5Add eggs and stir well.
- 6Remove cinnamon stick from pan and gradually add warm milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring constantly.
- 7Add melted butter and stir until combined.
- 8Distribute evenly into muffin tin.
- 9Place a kitchen towel on the bottom of a baking tray and arrange the cups on top of the cloth.
- 10Carefully pour boiling water onto towel, so that it reaches halfway up the height of the pans. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until done.
- 11Remove from oven.
- 12Use a knife to remove cake from each individual cup.
- 13Place each one in a paper cupcake liner.