Beat the egg whites until stiff before you begin preparing the pudding according to the package instructions and following the recipe steps provided here. That way, as soon as the pudding mixture has reached a full boil and then continued to cook for another three minutes, you can immediately and thoroughly fold in the egg whites, being careful not to deflate them (hint: use a rubber spatula and J sweeping motion, rotating the pan as you go).
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages orange pudding mix
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 1 liter milk
- 4 eggs
- Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat egg yolks, pudding mix and sugar.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Slowly stir in milk until well blended.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to minimum and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Immediately add egg whites, stirring slowly from the bottom, so the eggs cook.
- Once egg whites are mixed, pour mixture into a glass mold.
- Let cool.
- Refrigerate until set and remove from pan.